It will be a matter of personal preference or a matter of clients asking for it, but I bet this one is going to be a frequent question in the next months: "How do I remove the Admin Bar?".
This will probably slightly change as this component is heavily under works, but as of now this short plugin will do:
- Plugin Name: No Admin Bar
- Plugin URI: http://planetozh.com/blog/2010/10/how-to-remove-wordpress-admin-bar/
- Description: Remove the Admin Bar
- Author: Ozh
- Version: 1.0
- Author URI: http://ozh.org/
- // Remove instantiation
- add_filter( 'show_admin_bar', '__return_false' );
Either make this a regular plugin in wp-content/plugins/ and activate it, or just drop it in wp-content/mu-plugins/.
Update: now a downloadable plugin.
Update 2: this was a sort of a proof of concept. Now that WordPress 3.1 is released and has a per-user option to disable it, this plugin is incomplete: if you want to disable the admin bar, also hide the option as Pete Mall explains.
Want to share or tweet this post? Please use this short URL: http://ozh.in/tx