A few fun and useless facts I collected while mining through 54 WordPress releases, from 0.7.1 to 3.0.1:
- The latest version of WordPress, 3.0.1 as of publishing, has 3240 PHP functions defined.
- The first version (0.7.1) had 309
- Across all WordPress versions, 3920 PHP functions have been defined and used
- On average, each ".X" release (2.1, 2.9…) introduces 225,2 new functions
- Only one release went on a diet: version 1.2.1 had 23 functions less than its predecessor, version 1.0.2
Have a look at my Excel mad skillz showing the evolution of the total number of functions defined in WordPress:
The following graphs shows how many functions have been added (ie functions added minus functions removed) in each version.
For the curious and nitpickers: data sheet used.
(If that post sparkled some interest, be sure not to miss A journey through 5 years of WP interface, you'll like it)
Want to share or tweet this post? Please use this short URL: http://ozh.in/t8