Lately I realized that I absolutely don't care any longer about trackbacks. At the beginning, it was fun to get a notice every time someone would link to my blog, and I would religiously check their site and probably discovered cool blogs this way. But now? While I value comments, I just don't see the point of trackbacks any more.
- I get too much of them to have the time to check them all
- They make ugly […]anchor links[…] in my comment moderation queue
- A third (on my blog at least) are spam (mostly caught by Akismet hopefully)
- And when they're not spam, 95% of the time they come from a website I can't understand because I don't speak that language
So, after several minutes of loud pondering, I've decided to simply turn them off on the whole site. For the record and if someone is wondering, besides turning the option off in Settings / Discussion, you need to send the following to MySQL:
- UPDATE `wp_posts` SET ping_status="closed";
Bye bye ping/track/whatever-backs!
Want to share or tweet this post? Please use this short URL: http://ozh.in/om