As previously announced here, today is Blog Day (3108 = Blog), and bloggers are invited to share a bit of their blogroll and "promote" 5 blogs they like to spend their time on. So, here I go ! Or "c'est parti" should I say, since a few of the following links will be French ones.
The three first blogs I want to pass along belong to the "Personnal Blogs" folder of my feed reader. A bit like my own site, these are not famous renowned weblogs, and I am pleased to have a chance to "promote" them a bit (if being linked from my blog can ever be considered as a promotion)
- Dew: dÃ©jÃ bloguÃ©, dÃ©jÃ liÃ©, dÃ©jÃ newsÃ©, c'est l'une de mes lectures incontournables le matin. Rien qu'une fois par jour, mais une fois chaque jour. J'apprÃ©cie l'humour et le talent artistique associÃ©s.
- dju`: one of my virtual buddies. Formerly my Linux guru who in return asked me from times to times a few tips about Perl regexp, and someone I've had numerous IRC queries with about programming in general, dju` has the potential to become one of my favorite bloggers : good writing skills, centers of interest that meet mine. But I guess he's just too lazy, or just not interested in writing about himself :)
I hope listing him as one of my 5 shared blogs will be an incentive for him to blog more :Ãž
- Polo : again someone I wish was more active on his blog :) I've virtually met Polo in the French Quakosphere via a community site I run, and I have loved litterally everything he's done, from Quake maps to web design and PHP programming. He is a nice artist, but he is too discret. Share more damnit !
The two remaining sites are widely known already, and don't really need my introducing. So I will focus more on why I read them and like them every time they update.
- Tim Yang: Tim writes twice or three times a day, about "online stuff". What I like is, not being myself an IT nor anything computer related professionnal, his articles sound simple and smart to me. I have been a fellow reader since he wrote a famous post entitled 15 things you can do with RSS, and for the past few weeks we've had an exciting collaboration for an upcoming WordPress theme with neat features.
I like when Tim asks "Hey Ozh, how could I do this so it would do that ?" and when I come up with a clean, modular and simple PHP solution :)
- Jeremy Zawodny's Blog: who doesn't read and know Jeremy of Yahoo fame ? What I like there is that whenever it's about comparing Google and Yahoo, Jeremy is always smart, wise, and unbiased. Well, as unbiased he can reasonnably be, anyway :) This blog made me discover about some very interesting features of Yahoo. More generally, I like the way he writes about things and he looks like the kind of person I would really like to meet in real life.
This was my contribution to BlogDay2005. Happy Blog Day to you too :P
Want to share or tweet this post? Please use this short URL: http://ozh.in/7r