Here are a few example of display rules you can use with the plugin Who Sees Ads
I. Simple rules
These rules use "core" conditions that are enabled by default. To understand the logical flow, read rules in ascending order and mentally insert "otherwise" between each.
1) Display ads on older posts
2) Display ads for everybody except regular readers
3) Display for Search Engines visitors and on older posts, but never for regular readers
4) Display for everybody except regular readers and logged in users
5) Display for one month only
6) Display 2000 times only
II. Advanced rules
If you have the guts or need even more flexibility, edit the beginning of the plugin to have the following:
- $wp_ozh_wsa['iknowphp'] = true;
This will enable advanced condition where you can use PHP code and function calls. Be warn: from now on, you're on your own and can break things :)
7) Display on home page only
8) Display everywhere except on home page
Or, this is the same :
9) Display 30% of the time
10) Display only to US readers
Feeling the need to geotarget your content? For this, you will need first to install the (excellent) plugin IP to Nation. Then, simply create a context with the following rule:
III. Hurt Me Plenty
Still not convinced ? Or you need even more flexibility and power ? Dude. What about creating rules that make several ads interact then ?
11) Show Ad 1 30% of the time, Ad 2 70% of the time
Create two contexts : ad1 and ad2.
Context ad1 would be:
Context ad2 would then be:
Now, simply insert context ad1 in your pages or post. Awesome, isn't it.
12) Show Ad1 1000 times, then Ad2 1000 times, then Ad3 1000 times
Create 3 contexts and their code, named ad1, ad2 and ad3, with the following rules :
Then insert context ad3.
13) Let's get a bit crazy
You can of course create the most complex display rules if you really need them. Like: on single post pages, always display to Search Engines visitors, display on old posts excepts if visitor is not a regular reader, but above all, never display ads to yourself ? Weeeeeeeee:
Who Sees Ads is the Ultimate Ad Management plugin, I hope you're convinced by now.
You can use it, of course, to display quite everything, not just ads: greetings, help messages, temporary notices, images, text. Anything.
Want to share or tweet this page? Please use this short URL: http://ozh.in/l1